Tuesday, April 18, 2006

White



The chill breeze bit into my flesh
Annoyed with my ignorance towards it
Playing hard to grab my attention
As I looked ahead unruffled.

The coldness around me unusual
In this hot summer night
My thoughts numb in despair
Like the wet silhouettes cramping around.

Her face calm and serene
Colored in early morning blue
Her slim body relaxing
In an embrace with eternity.

I tried to feel what she must have
An infinite nothingness in reach
My eyes dark like two black holes
A veil covering a flood of anguish.

I held her frail hands one last time
Amazed as ever at the strength they promised
My soul longed to say a million things to her
But hummed only a tune of silence.

My eyes pained in an urge to let out
The strong current of tears withheld
I rebuked myself for the many instances I hurt her
But the smile on her face had her own story to say

I brushed my hand along her long black hair
And silently vowed to keep my word
To understand what she tried so hard to teach
That love means never to let u say ‘I’m sorry’!

1 comment:

Joy Mustafi said...

"That love means never to let u say ‘I’m sorry’!"

- This is the ultimate line..., The perfect TRUTH :-)