Sunday, April 22, 2012

Strange Desire...


I saw him in a dark alley leaning gainst the wall
his eyes deep and sparkling were questioning me
I was drawn into the depths of those eyes
I looked and looked away and looked again...
He was a stranger, pulling me into his embrace
my mind warned to leave, my heart tugged to be
I looked away and looked again into the darkness
and found him nowhere to be... the alley was empty
I saw him again in the sunshine at the bay
his eyes sought me but he was a stranger to me
I looked away and looked again hoping it was a dream
but there he stood stark as ever drawing every bit of me
I was drenched in desire to run into his embrace
to look into his eyes and never look away again
My eyes sought him to express this feeling
but found him again nowhere to be... the space was empty
I wish I could know if the vision was for real
if the desire born in me is ingrained forever
I wish the darkness in the alley would dissipate
I wish the daylight would stop playing tricks on me..

Deb

No comments: