Monday, June 26, 2006

Destiny

That first day I saw you shy,
Your lips tremble & mouth a sigh,
Your anxiety to hold me close
Look into my eyes and touch my soul…

An invisible sheath of uncertainty,
Hung loose in between us,
An unsaid agreement of silence,
To live in just this moment, abandoning the truth

No words of promise
Faith, the name of the game
That this was a bridge crossed forever
Would never have occurred to me

That this would be my identity, I barely knew
That a lifetime apart I would still believe
That what started as a frivolous gesture
Was meant to be my destiny by rule!

--- Deba

2 comments:

Aru said...

Hey That was a nice pieaca poem !!..Keep writting them dude !!.Never knew u cud get tis good !!

The Inquisitive One said...

hey thanx aru.... thanx for dropping by.... will keep writing!!!